Thursday, April 30, 2009

Wicked or Not?

Okay, so last Sunday I was sitting in the basement of my future inlaws when my future 13 year old stepson sits down in a chair, leans back, and hits his head on the edge of a countertop! I know..."OUCH!" However, as I remain calm as he jumps up, picks up a plastic hanger, and throws it as hard as he can on the floor splintering it into many pieces. Then proceeds to do this again. I was totally shocked by his reaction. I then asked him, calmly of course, was he okay? He then yelled at me! He felt I didn't care because I was the calm in the midst of his storm. I understand hurting yourself but his reaction was one of a person on fire that would end up with third degree burns. So, am I the wicked stepmother for being so calm?

No comments:

Post a Comment