Monday, May 10, 2010

Stepmom Responsibilities

As a stepmother is it really my place to ask my stepson's mom for more money to support her son so that he can play his summer sports?

As a stepmother is it my responsibility to take pictures of all sporting events?

As a stepmother is it my place to make sure my stepson is keeping up in school?

I have only been married to my husband less than a year and I love him and my stepson dearly and I do everything for them both. I gave up massages, shopping for myself, and getting my nails done so my stepson could play baseball, archery, and golf. I realize that parents sacrifice and I have no problem with that except his mother gives up hardly anything. It is frustrating sometimes. I know she loves her son with all her heart but the financial responsibility should be spread out.

I am the stepmother, I know my place because my stepson has put me there when he asked why my own mother sent me a Mother's Day card and I have no children. But what are my responsibilities?

2 comments:

  1. I don't think it is YOUR responsibility to ask for more money from your husband's ex... but rather HIS responsibility.

    On the taking pictures... are you taking them FOR you and your hubbie and step-son? Or are you taking them for the ex? Because if it is for you, then it shouldn't feel like an obligation. But if it is for the ex, then I say no, not your place.

    On the school...yes, absolutely! This child is part of your life, hold him accountable!
    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it feels like an obligation and sometimes it is for our enjoyment. I needed to hear what you said. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete