Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Mama, Thank You

Friday, September 10th...10 a.m. This is the day we find out that not only the glue that held our family together is gone but also the foundation. My Mama.

We had just spent the Saturday before talking about going to a movie but instead we went grocery shopping. We pulled into Dillon's and she told me to go and gas up my car. I told her I didn't need too I had 3/4 of a tank. She said do it anyway. Mama, thank you for the $8 in gas.

As we went and parked to go into the grocery store she pulled out some money and tried to sneak it into the console of my car. I asked her what she was doing. She said she was taking care of me because she doesn't get to do that too often. Mama, thank you for the $5 to spend on myself.

In the grocery store we were buying items for the Labor Day cookout she was having. We came across Dillon's 10 for $10 items. She made me pick out 10 to take home. Mama, thank you for the $10 in groceries. Todd thanks you too.

$8.00 in gas, $5.00 for anything, $10.00 for groceries...Time with my Mama....priceless.

Mama, you were an amazing woman and I miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment