Saturday, July 4, 2009

American Dream

On July 4th, 1776, America claimed her independence from Britain and our democratic country was born. People from all over the world come here to America "the land of the free and the home of the brave" to live the American Dream.

Today I lived my American Dream. I spent my and our nation's birthday with my family and friends. Beginning with having brunch on my mother's 1800's Victorian home's front porch watching an Independence Day parade with my family and closest friends to ending the day sitting next to my new husband holding hands watching the fireworks bursting in the air. Grilling out and making homemade ice cream, seeing Deanna's girls light up with sparklers in their hands, the laughter in the air mixed with smoke from the fireworks that we set off as well as their neighbors...what a dream...my heart is overwhelmed by this dream.

I now understand why my dad loved this day so much and I am so blessed to live in a nation where I can have this dream. Thanks to all who helped provide this freedom....this American Dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment