Friday, June 18, 2010

I Miss Mayberry...

Steamy, hot pizza; candy coated chocolate; rich, buttery popcorn, and a great family friendly movie. What more can I ask for.

Tonight was wonderful with my nieces and nephew, sister in law, long time friend, favorite aunt, stepson, and amazing husband all hunkered down in the living room eating movie food and watching Alvin and the Chipmunks, the Squeaqual.

Movie night with my family reminds me of the Rascal Flatts song "But I miss Mayberry sitting on the porch drinking ice cold cherry coke, where everything was black and white. Pickin on s six string, People pass by and you call them by their first name, watching the clouds roll by..."

This song takes you back to the simple things in life and that is exactly what we had tonight. This is my Mayberry and what movie nights are all about.

1 comment:

  1. I came across your blog because of your references to stage of life moments. I just wanted to let you know I enjoyed it. We're always looking for more people to participate in the conversation and share wisdom and advice with the world. Feel free to add you voice to our project.

    Britt
    Writing Intern
    www.stageoflife.com

    ReplyDelete