Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Last Word...

For all of my fellow teachers I want to share an email I received from one of my parents on the last day of school. We as teachers need to remember even when we are at our wits end and feel like we have exhausted every possibility that we still can make a difference.

"Thanks again for everything this past year. I know how difficult things have been with my son and I know you never gave up and I cannot thank you enough. I really just wanted to tell you I think you are an amazing person and I appreciate more than you know all you did this year for my son and myself. My son was able to have successes and be proud as well as have reinforced by someone who cares that he needs to be responsible for his actions. It has meant so much to me to have you on Team "son" with me. I wish nothing but happiness and success for you and your family in the future. Take care and have a wonderful summer."

As I placed this child's cumulative file in a box (he was moving on to middle school) I said a silent prayer and blessing over him and he is the reason I teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment