Saturday, July 31, 2010

Longing In My Heart

The longing inside my heart grew as I watched gift after gift being unwrapped. The "oohs" and "ahhs" as each gift was passed around made everything bittersweet. I attended my cousins baby shower today. This is her fourth and very unexpected pregnancy and when I miscarried in April she felt bad and was afraid to even tell me she was pregnant. I am happy for her, truly happy. However, it just makes the longing grow stronger.

Then there was the little baby that attended. He was adorable and he came to me with ease. He snuggled next to my cheek and laid his head on my shoulder. His grandma took him away only to return him to me when he held out his tiny arms wanting to be back in mine. We snuggled some more. The aching in my heart continued.

Hopefully, God will bless us with one of our own someday.

1 comment:

  1. I know this shower was hard for you to attend. I wish we would have talked more about YOU on our GNO. My prayers are with you! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete