Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011, May It Be Better Than The Last

As the old year closes and the new one begins so many memories flood my brain. So I thought a a short recap was in order.

I started this year the same way I started last year. The only difference is that I was with my Mama and PaPa C last year. As last year approached its final hours, my Hunny Bunny and I had dinner out and then went to my Mama's to play Hand and Foot. Teaching my near deaf stepdad how to play was hilarious and somehow, by the grace of God, he and I beat the socks off my Mama and husband.

Last night I was playing the same game but with different players, my mother-in-law, niece, and brother-in-law. This time I lost. It made me miss Mama even more.

2011 holds many changes from last year. 2010 was the last year my Mama would ever bake me a birthday cake, play with her grandchildren, send me a mother's day card (it was also the first year), or spend any type of holiday with us. The year started out with promises of many moments of family fun and ended with me losing my Mama. But I know that life goes on and loved ones are missed.

When looking to the year ahead, my brother's facebook email to me sums up all I am feeling today: "Love you all. Happy New Year! May it be better than the last."

1 comment:

  1. I hope things go better for you too. I get it...we have to make each day extrodinary in some way!

    Warm wishes to you,

    Stopping by from SITS!

    ReplyDelete