Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day Daddy...You Are Missed

It has been approximately seven years since I last celebrated Father's Day with the man who helped bring me into this world. He was not perfect but he was a great dad. So today I want to share what I miss most about him in honor of Father's Day...

Love of family. He would do anything for a family member with no thought to himself. He believed in that in laws, steps, and halves were not a title but just family.

Love of his grandbabies. He will never know any of these from me with the exception of the one who joined him in Heaven last week. My dad was made to be a Papa. His eyes lit up when any of his grandbabies entered the room.

His generous and kind heart. I remember when visiting him on a job site in Vegas I overheard a conversation between him and his worker. His worker thanked my dad for helping get his son out of jail and then for giving the same son a job. My heart was very proud of my dad.

Love of cars. He would take even us girls to the car shows with him. He usually picked most of the cars I drove. My favorite to drive was the 1960's era Tornado.

There is so much more I love about him that I would be writing for days. But for now the memories are flooding in and my heart aches to see my daddy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment