Friday, June 17, 2011

He May Not Be Mine

My spirits are lifted and I hope they stay this way for a bit. After two weeks at his mom's my stepson has returned and oddly I find myself in a good mood despite what happened last week.

I really lucked out when I married my husband. You see it was a two for one deal. He had custody of his son so T would be living with us. He is a great kid once we got through the "your not my mom" stage. I feel as a stepmother I am blessed.

However, he was hoping I would have entered his cave and cleaned it up a bit before he got home. So I compromised and by the end of the day we had a floor we could see and a smell we could tolerate. We even had a great conversation about the baby when we went to Walmart. He shared with me his relief of not having a little brother with a disability or that we would have had a still birth. It touched me when he told me it made him sad to see us hurt and that we lost his baby brother.

He may not be mine but he has intertwined himself into my heart as if he were my own flesh and blood.

1 comment:

  1. I knew that kid would get you wrapped sooner or later! ;)
    You are a wonderful step-momma to him! So glad he is realizing it now :)

    ReplyDelete