Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Long Road But Not Traveled Alone

After a much difficult weekend of too much thinking I felt myself headed down into the valley. Not a place I want to go since my family has a history of depression and lack of overcoming without being medicated. When I feel this way I start looking for alternate solutions. It's not that I don't want to grieve or wallow in my pain but it is the fact I am afraid of not coming out of it, of staying in the depths and drowning.

So after much looking on the Internet and calling the doctor's office for more information I have located a few support groups that help with the grief over losing an unborn child. One of those groups is called MEND or Mommies Enduring Neonatal Death. I talked to the person in charge and felt a relief that I have a place to go to grieve with others who understand.

My husband and I will also attend another support group for neonatal death that I found through the doctors office so this will give us choices to find what is comfortable for us. As my sister-in-law said to me go more than once, don't judge the group based on one visit. I am in full agreement with her especially when it comes to the healing process.

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy you found a group attend. We looked and looked but couldn't find a support group. October 15 though is the rememberance day and everyone lights a candle at 7p.m.
    Thank you so much for the sweet comment the other day. Work has be so busy with conferences/ graduation songs/ fathers day gifts and then jumping right into summer camp!
    <3 thinking of you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out the website for MEND. They might have one near you. I think you have a great tradition to honor your little one. I wish I was working but school is out for the summer and all I have is time on my hands.

    ReplyDelete