Friday, June 10, 2011

What We Hold So Dear

Wednesday is a blur. Up at 4:30, the hospital by 5:30, home by 10. My husband took amazing care of me and didn't even complain when he bought me a $3.50 cup of coffee. I slept most of the day due to medicine.


Thursday was a much different story. Physically I am sore but emotionally I was numb. That is until one of my dear friends brought me a gift. The gift was the Angel's Embrace by Willow Tree. This angel represents what we hold so dear. As you can see in the picture the angel is embracing a little boy. I know my friend bought this particular angel to represent the little boy I was pregnant with that is now in God's hands being loved. I broke down in tears and found myself reaching down to my stomach wishing our little one had lived.

I realize that I have some rough days ahead. Little things will set my emotions whirling and longing for a different outcome. But today... today I want to curl up and embrace what I hold so dear.

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you! Numb is the perfect way to describe everything. Many many hugs to you and I only wished hugs made everything better.

    ReplyDelete